Assessment of Sex Offenders for Sentencing, Supervision and Treatment [Videoconference held February 10, 1999]
| Cataloged on:
Oct. 31, 2006
ANNOTATION: Objectives of this three-hour videoconference include:
Those who should participate include probation/parole line staff involved in pre-sentence investigations and supervision, first-line supervisors, managers, policymakers, community corrections administrators, parole board members, trainers, and sex offender treatment providers who work closely with community supervision agencies.
- Articulating the purposes for assessment and evaluation of sex offenders and the issues and challenges inherent in each;
- Understanding the limitations of traditional risk and needs assessment tools for sex offenders;
- Identifying and defining the available approaches and instruments used to effectively assess and evaluate sex offenders;
- Distinguishing between effective and ineffective risk assessment tools;
- And identifying the complementary roles of treatment providers and supervising agents in conducting and interpreting assessments and evaluations.