The Role of the Correctional Leader/Manager
Anytime--This e-course analyzes the distinction between the concepts of management and leadership, with particular focus on political, economic, social, and technological changes that are occurring with increasing velocity.
Senior-level leaders and managers are retiring from the correctional workforce at an alarming rate, leaving a large vacuum in the management and leadership bench strength of correctional agencies. New generations of correctional practitioners are entering the workforce, bringing with them a variety of beliefs, attitudes, and values with which managers must be able to work. Management and leadership roles of the past must now be reexamined for applicability today and in the future.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the primary differences between a correctional manager and a correctional leader.
- Discuss and identify the roles that an effective manager/leader performs in the correctional environment today.
- Create a list of roles that correctional managers/leaders will perform in 2015.
Assuming they are in a position to effect these changes:
- List what they would keep in their organization.
- Describe what they would discard in their organization.
- Explain what they would create in their organization.
Correctional middle managers from all corrections disciplines who manage the functions and operations of a particular work unit within their agency.
This program does not have a video.