Management Development for the Future Series
TBD--NIC's Management Development for the Future series is a dynamic, agency-exclusive, individual and organizational development experience that primarily targets the middle management tier of a correctional organization. It simultaneously engages all levels of agency leadership through internal action-based learning strategies at the individual, team and agency levels.
This agency-exclusive management development series is conducted over 12–18 months and is provided to participants in selected agencies. The learning strategies used in this "blended" individual and organizational development series include three 24-hour classroom sessions spread out over the series, independent e-learning courses, online virtual instructor-led sessions, online 360-degree feedback leadership assessments, reading, participation in online community forums and discussions, individual coaching sessions, and the development of personal leadership development plans. Participants will prepare a dynamic leadership plan and undertake action-based learning projects focused on relevant issues in their agencies with the intention of applying the skills and strategies learned in the program to build organizational capacity and manage organizational change.
This application process is for agencies only. A correctional agency from jails, prisons, or community corrections must apply and be selected for the management development series. Once an agency is selected, individual application and selection will be conducted through the agency. Final selection and scheduling of the MDF series is contingent on an organization’s commitment and preparedness to support program participants in their learning before and throughout the series. NIC will conduct a comprehensive readiness assessment and interviews with executive-level staff of the agency applying before agreeing to commit to the series.
NIC and the host site share responsibilities for series coordination and delivery. The host site must be able to:
- Assign staff to work with NIC during series coordination and delivery.
- Provide participants logistical and leadership support for their participation in the series.
- Market the training series and solicit applications.
- Give NIC and series participants information on housing, meals, and transportation options near the training series site.
- Provide one main training room and at least two nearby breakout rooms. The main training room should be at least 1200 square feet and have moveable tables, and the breakout rooms should be at least 400 square feet.
- Provide audiovisual training equipment.
- Purchase textbooks for each participant at a cost less than $50.00.
Note: NIC does not pay any participant expenses related to attendance or participation in this MDF partnership series.
- Provide series marketing materials for the host agency’s use.
- Select trainers and pay their fees and expenses.
- Provide all training materials for instructors and participants.
This program does not have a video.