Sharing Gang Intelligence Bridging the Gap: Corrections - Police - Educators [Satellite/Internet Broadcast]
Sep. 04, 2008
Gangs are a growing national problem that all elements of the public safety community must effectively manage. Collaboration and information sharing are key to managing gangs effectively and safeguarding public and institutional safety. A diverse panel of experts addresses various processes, methods, technologies, partnerships, and information sharing programs related to gangs and their potential networks of intelligence. This broadcast will be of interest to police, corrections, military, and criminal justice educational agencies. Discussion topics include the following:
- Value of correctional intelligence
- Available technologies and good intelligence sharing programs
- How gang intelligence is gathered in prison and jail and the correctional intelligence cycle
- Recruitment of terrorists in prison or jail
- And police/corrections partnerships.