Establishing the Learning Organization
Anytime--This e-course will help you conduct an assessment of your unit or department, help you prepare for the future, and help you put together a plan to maximize the learning of your organization.
Organizations, especially correctional organizations, are very complex cultures and systems. Organizations today must be mindful of the past, work to improve the present fitness, and develop a climate based on the continuous learning to ensure they are fit for the future. This e-course will translate theory into methods and tools to assist correctional leaders in assessing their organization and developing strategies that will build and sustain a learning organization.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe typical characteristics of a correctional learning organization;
- List five sources of learning for an organization based on Kline and Sanders;
- List the four components of a learning organization relating to Team Learning Wheel;
- Choose and apply five actions that can be implemented by the participant in his/her organization to develop a learning organization environment based on Senge’s theory;
- Choose and apply five actions that can be implemented by the participant in his/her organization to develop a learning organization environment based on Goldsmith, Morgan, and Ogg’s steps and theory for maintaining a learning organization.
Managers and other correctional professionals who would like to enhance organizational performance by creating and sustaining an organizational learning environment.
This program does not have a video.