You can install the free OverDrive app to borrow and enjoy digital titles from our library on your tablet or smart phone. Visit your device’s app store or app.overdrive.com to get started. OverDrive is also available via all web browsers on devices, including computers (Windows and Mac).
Find and save our library’s OverDrive collection in the app. If accessing our collection via a web browser, visit our digital collection URL: https://nic.overdrive.com
Browse the collections or search for your next great read. Borrow or place a hold on a title. You’ll need an account on the NIC website to complete this step.
Borrowed titles will appear on your Loans page on the library’s OverDrive website.
From here, you can:
- Download titles to the Bookshelf in the OverDrive app to read anytime anywhere.
- Read or Listen to some titles directly in your web browser without downloading.
- Send Kindle Books (U.S. only) to your Kindle device or Kindle reading app.
- Borrowed titles will automatically return at the end of the lending period.
- You may also return titles early to free up space in your library account.