The National Institute of Corrections (NIC) is seeking applications for funding under the Fiscal Year 2020. Work under this cooperative agreement will involve facilitation of 2 offerings of the week long National Sheriff’s Institute (NSI) in FY’20 at the National Corrections Academy in Aurora, Colorado.
Goals and Objectives
- Utilize the NIC Learn Center Learning Management System to identify and select 30 first term sheriffs for program participation.
- Hiring 4 instructors with enough diversity of leadership knowledge in current government and criminal justice leadership issues to teach the course of instruction using NIC’s curriculum, participant manuals and other NIC provided materials. The course overview and agenda (attached) describes the course and the faculty objectives.
- Distribution and collection of participants’ pre-program expectations, strengths and challenges form.
- Prior to the program, purchase, administer and score the Myers-Briggs Type Inventory (MBTI) instrument and Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument (TKI) for each participant.
- With the NIC Program Coordinator, identify, recruit and fund at least one experienced sheriff who will serve as a mentor to the students in the NSI.
- Assist with onsite program management.
- Provide certificates of training completion for each participant, to be co-signed by NIC’s director.
- A written report to NIC within 30 days of the close of each of the programs analyzing the module by module and overall final evaluation forms from each participant.
- A written report to NIC within 120 days of the close of each of the programs describing the progress of each participant regarding the Leadership Development Plan they developed over the course of the training period.
DEADLINE: Applications must be received before midnight (ET) on September 24, 2019.
Please note effective July 1, 2013 the Central Contractor Registration (CCR) was merged to the System for Award Management (SAM). The SAM registry and Frequently Asked Questions can be reached at . Please note that the registration process can take up to 1-3 weeks, so please plan accordingly.