Yes, program fidelity and integrity are critical to program success so it is important to follow the curriculum as designed. Following are some best practice recommendations:
- Use two trained facilitators,
- Deliver two sessions each week,
- Target the right clients, these are medium- to high-risk offenders,
- Ensure that each client in the group has the opportunity to try every skill during the class,
- Ensure that clients complete the intersession homework
- Make sure all clients receive feedback.
It is also important that the program be completed from beginning to end due to the integrated nature of the program.