Designed for jail administrators, this guide provides an overview of jail budget management, along with relevant responsibilities and strategies. Key aspects of jail budget management examined include:
- Budget implementation -- developing and using a plan to monitor expenditures;
- Budget management -- monitoring, managing, and controlling expenditures while garnering support;
- Jail revenue monitoring and management -- developing revenue plans;
- Performance monitoring -- establishing targets;
- Management through budget crisis -- factors influencing increased, decreased, or insufficient revenue;
- And the jail budget as a powerful administrative tool.