Back to NIC's
Coronavirus pageWebinars or other virtual events related to COVID-19 that you can participate in, listen in on, and/or pose/submit questions to experts.
- Thurs, Oct 22 2020
12:30 PM - 2:00 PM EDT
- Free Webinar: Lawmaking Around the World in the Time of COVID-19
COVID-19 has presented unprecedented challenges for legislatures and policymakers around the world. Please join us for a unique opportunity to hear from our esteemed panelists on how legislatures have responded to this ongoing crisis. Dr. Ronan Cormacain (British Institute of International and Comparative Law), Dr. Ittai Bar-Siman-Tov (Bar Ilan University), and Mr. Noah Wofsy (U.S. House of Representatives) will discuss emergency legislation and other challenges presented by lawmaking during a public health emergency, drawing on illustrative examples from various countries. Attention will be paid to COVID-19-related procedural changes in the U.S. House of Representatives, such as proxy voting. The panel will be moderated by Tobias Dorsey (White House Office of Administration) and will be open to questions from participants.
- Thurs, Oct 1, 2020
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EST
- 2020 Webinar: Prevention and Treatment of COVID-19 in Corrections
COVID-19 has affected corrections in rates greatly exceeding those in the community. A study by NCCHC and researchers from Harvard Kennedy School indicated a rate of 7,737 per 100,000 inmates compared to a rate of 542 per 100,000 individuals throughout the United States. In addition, individuals with serious underlying medical conditions are at greater risk of severe illness from COVID-19. National experts on correctional health care will share their policies, practices, and perspectives and will answer questions on managing COVID-19 with this vulnerable population. While every correctional facility is unique, this discussion will offer research, information, and ideas practitioners can use to ensure public health and safety during this unprecedented challenge. Program participants will receive access to the PowerPoint presentation and the webinar recording.
- Wed, Sept 23, 2020
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EST
- COVID-19 and Influenza: Strategic Preparation to Mitigate the Spread of Infection within Correctional Agencies
As corrections professionals address the challenges and management of COVID-19 pandemic in correctional facilities, there are increasing concerns as we approach the season for influenza (flu). COVID-19 and influenza share many symptoms, which can make them difficult to accurately diagnose. Diligent planning from all aspects of corrections is required to address the upcoming flu season’s impact on healthcare systems, correctional agencies’ staff, and all patients.
- Thurs, Sept 3, 2020
- How are Pretrial Service Agencies Dealing with the Coronavirus?
- Tues, Aug 4, 2020
- Implementing Alternatives to Restrictive Housing and Ensuring Public Health: Maintaining Safety and Security During COVID-19
- Wed, Jun 17, 2020
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM EDT
- Juvenile Probation Meets Wraparound: An Innovative Approach to Supervising High Risk Youth
- June 10, 2020
- CJJA and CSG Present: Developing Partnerships with Key Educational Entities and Workforce Development Providers
- March - May, 2020
- Weekly Webinar for Law Enforcement and Correctional Health Care
NCCHC teamed up with the Major County Sheriffs of America to present a weekly, practical update to answer questions and share insights from the front lines of COVID in facilities. The series has completed its run, but historical recordings are available for you to review.
- March 27, 2020
- New Jersey COVID-19 Jail Release Agreement Webinar
- March 26, 2020
- National Association of Drug Court Professionals Webinar
- March 23, 2020
- ACA - Coronavirus COVID-19: Corrections Update Webinar
- March 18, 2020
- CDC: Answering 20 Questions about COVID-19