This 3-hour program discusses the strengths and weaknesses of 12-step programs and how they integrate with "what works" in the correctional field. The following topics are addressed:
- Enhancing communication and cooperation and supporting the appropriate use of 12-step programs;
- Recognizing the benefits of 12-step programs throughout the criminal justice system;
- Understanding how the mission of 12-step programs complements the goal of corrections;
- Special issues with 12-step programs -- legal and mandatory participation and conflicting research and literature;
- And implementing what has been learned.