Designed for counselors or other staff who run offender groups, this 16-hour course addresses group process strategies. The following lesson plan modules are provided:
- Introduction and course overview;
- What facilitation is;
- Goals for personal development;
- Stages of group development;
- Stages of individual change;
- Setting a climate for change;
- Communication skills;
- Facilitating participation;
- Facilitating behavior change;
- Facilitating changes in perspective;
- And evaluation and closure.
Package includes Trainer's and Participant's Manual and overheads.