NIC has a catalog of hundreds of free, online eCourses for corrections and community services professionals at all levels. Most eCourses get you credit toward your career goals and most come with a certificate of completion. This platform is available 24/7 to fit in with your schedule. eCourse topics range from PREA and Staff Wellness, to office skills and offender management.
This page contains only a small selection from our larger catalog. Please visit our categories page or use the LMS search to find training on the topics you are interested in.
- This e-course serves as an orientation to the role and responsibilities of the Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) Coordinator.Duration45 minutes
- This course covers the basic information about parole board member duties and activities.Duration1 hour and 15 minutes
- This course will provide new jail administrators, sheriffs, and prospective jail administrators an overview of the roles and responsibilities of a jail administrator.Duration1 hour
- This course covers change in organizations, the theory and leading thoughts, how to successfully lead change, addresses assumptions, provides tools, and examines case studies for successful transitions.Duration3 hours
- During this course, you will learn about ITIP components and how to use each one; the differences between each component and their traditional lesson plan counterparts; and expectations and considerations for each component.Duration3 hours
- This course focuses on the planning and evaluation of correctional programs. It presents the stages of program planning and design, and then shows how to design an evaluation which matches the program plan.Duration1 hour
- This course will show how you can improve data collection and analysis at your correctional institution.Duration2 hours and 30 minutes
- This course will help you conduct an assessment of your unit or department, help you prepare for the future, and help you put together a plan to maximize the learning of your organization.Duration1 hour
- While this course focuses on data analysis in jails, it gives a basic overview of statistics for any corrections professional. During this course, you will gain general familiarization with types of statistics and how to use them. In addition, you will learn how to explore data analysis by working through a case study.Duration2 hours
- This course will focus on women offenders, their characteristics, differences from male offenders, and how you can assess and plan for their career development upon release into the community.Duration1 hour
- This course sets the stage for performance management activities, such as succession planning, in all types of corrections settings. It explores the connection between sets of correctional management and leadership development competencies through an initial introduction to NIC’s Core Competency work.Duration2 hours
- This course will provide you with information that will contribute to you being a successful Deputy Warden. The course discusses key leadership characteristics and skills to portray, and how to use a priority matrix to help you with achieving work-life balance.Duration1 hour