This is a three part webinar series. Each webinar builds into the next!
Are you converting your instructor led training (a.k.a. face-to-face or in-person training) to live virtual instructor led training (VILT)? Do you know where to start to convert face-to-face training and materials, such as your facilitator guides, participant guides, slide shows, and other learning experience materials?
What We Will Do in the Webinar Series?
- Explore popular virtual platforms, compare and contrast them to your unique agency needs / outcomes for virtual learning.
- Assess agency technology infrastructure as well as learner, trainer, and agency readiness for virtual learning.
- Survey best practices to determine the duration of virtual learning based upon training outcomes.
- Apply options for participant engagement, interaction, and collaboration during virtual learning.
- Share experiences from other correctional agencies with respect to in-person to virtual conversions.
If you are interested in the answers to these questions and more, then watch this webinar series!
In the third webinar of this series, participants use the ADDIE road map to guide steps needed to design in and add engagements, interactions, and collaboration tools into their virtual instructor led training (VILT) conversion process. The webinar includes defining engagements and interactions that lead to virtual collaboration, and highlights various examples of how to design and add these tools to virtual training design and facilitation. Included in the webinar is demonstration and practice of using a design flow tool for detailing engagements, interactions, and collaborations to meet a performance objective. Sample design flow is shared for a virtual performance objective from NIC's Correctional Leadership Development (CLD) virtual training series.
- Jeff Hadnot, Chief, NIC Academy Division
- Ashley Kerr, Training Officer, Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction
- Elizabeth Kreger, Assistant Director of Adult Options, Ohio Department of Education
- Leslie LeMaster, Correctional Program Specialist, NIC Academy Division
- Jim Wiseman, Director of Training (retired), Missouri Department of Corrections