The landscape of the work environment has been irreversibly changed. Stepping into a leadership role continues to be a great privilege, but today it also comes with the even greater responsibility of creating a workplace culture that values all individuals. We designed this presentation to help you build on the fundamentals that will allow you to L.E.A.D. the charge in promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I). Allow us to provide you four foundational actions that will distinguish you as a forward-thinking influencer who can communicate and demonstrate DE&I practices. This webinar gives you the tools to confidently move your team in the right direction to achieve exceptional performance in the corrections workplace.
This one-hour webinar:
- Explores ways to dive deep into your “why” as an influencer on the correctional organization’s culture and workforce performance through purposeful interactions with clients, community partners, and stakeholders.
- Provides insights on how to utilize emotional intelligence principles to better understand colleagues, team members, and the correctional organization’s clients/stakeholders.
- Participates in interactive skill-building exercises to put that “why” into action to achieve personal and professional goals.
Originally broadcast on April 20 , 2021.
This is part three in a four part series.
Pathway to L.E.A.D. a DE&I Culture
Listen: Gain a perspective or understating of the issues and opportunities people are facing
Engage: Develop and implement strategies to drive change that is relevant and meaningful
Assess: Sources of inclusion at the Organization, Leadership, and Individual level
Direct and facilitate change: Based on your assessments, implement interventions and solutions to address opportunities to build and develop an inclusive culture
- Alfranda Durr, CEO ALD & Associates LLC
- Kari Heistad, CEO Cultural Coach International
Alfranda (Al) and Kari are Diversity and Inclusion Practitioners with 40 plus years of combined experience conducting in-person and virtual training on a wide range of Human Resources, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion topics. Al and Kari have partnered on a popular diversity webinar series covering a wide range of diversity topics. Combined, Al and Kari bring varied perspectives to their presentations.