This program discusses Information regarding current policies and procedures and their impact on aging offenders and offenders with chronic and terminal illnesses. While focusing upon "best practices and interventions," this program discusses:
- Differences between the needs of aging and terminally ill inmates;
- Management strategies;
- Internal and external challenges, such as staffing, supervision, treatment standards, compassionate release provisions, housing, and hospice care;
- Selecting and training inmate caregivers;
- Legal issues, such as advance directives and constitutional standards of care;
- And appropriate programming resources.