This is a three webinar series. Each webinar builds into the next!
Are you converting your instructor led training (a.k.a. face-to-face or in-person training) to live virtual instructor led training (VILT)? Do you know where to start to convert face-to-face training and materials, such as your facilitator guides, participant guides, slide shows, and other learning experience materials? Are you interested in learning a comprehensive set of strategic considerations to address as you convert, such as:
- popular virtual platforms and features – what do you need to consider to fulfill agency outcomes
- agency technology and learner readiness for virtual facilitation and delivery
- best practices for determining length of virtual training sessions
- what options are available to engage, interact and collaborate with participants using virtual training tools; and
- sharing NIC’s and other correctional agencies experiences in how to mirror face-to-face training processes in virtual instructional design and facilitation?
If you are interested in the answers to these questions and more, then join NIC for this webinar series!
What We Will Do in the Webinar Series?
- Explore popular virtual platforms, compare and contrast them to your unique agency needs / outcomes for virtual learning.
- Assess agency technology infrastructure as well as learner, trainer, and agency readiness for virtual learning.
- Survey best practices to determine the duration of virtual learning based upon training outcomes.
- Apply options for participant engagement, interaction, and collaboration during virtual learning.
- Share experiences from other correctional agencies with respect to in-person to virtual conversions.
- Jeff Hadnot, Chief, NIC Academy Division
- Ashley Kerr, Training Officer, Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction
- Elizabeth Kreger, Assistant Director of Adult Options, Ohio Department of Education
- Leslie LeMaster, Correctional Program Specialist, NIC Academy Division
- Jim Wiseman, Director of Training (retired), Missouri Department of Corrections
Who Should Participate?
Learning and performance professionals (training directors, trainers, facilitators, curriculum designers, etc.) from all corrections settings (jails, prisons, community services), local, state and federal agencies who are interested in learning more about virtual training and/or are tasked with converting in person training to virtual training.
Please note, NIC does not offer Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for live webinars.
How Do I Apply for the Webinar Series?
Follow these links to register in NIC’s WebEx Event Center for the webinar series. Space is limited. The first 1,000 connections will be able to participate in each live webinar in the series.
All webinars in the series will be recorded and made available for viewing and/or download from the NIC website after captioning. As a registered site or individual, you will receive notification when series recordings are accessible.
21A2001A – Where Do I Start? Using ADDIE as a Roadmap for Conversion | December 2, 2020
If you encounter difficulty in accessing the registration links, please work with your local / agency IT to see if local / agency firewall settings / pop-up blockers / security settings are preventing you from accessing NIC’s webinar URL (https://nicmeetings.webex.com/) and/or the webinar registration link.
Visit the Webinar Series event page here.
How Do I Participate Effectively In a WebEx Event Center Webinar? How Do I Get Ready?
For the best experience in your next NIC WebEx Event Center webinar, you’ll need a hands-free telephone, headset or earbuds, and an internet-enabled computer. For optimum learning, be in a quiet place, free from distractions/interruptions, sight-and-sound separated from others, where you can concentrate on what is happening during the webinar. A separate office space with a door to close is an ideal setting. Connect to the webinar audio bridge via a hands-free telephone, using earbuds / headset connected to your phone/cell phone, so your hands are free to interact with your keyboard.
The webinar series may feature video clips. Please work with your local / agency IT to ensure that the computer system you will use to access the webinar series has an audio and video card installed. If not, you will not be able to see and/or hear video clips played during the series.
While tablets and smartphones are also compatible with WebEx Event Center, several of the features are limited, and most devices require that the Cisco WebEx app is installed. Regardless of which device you plan to use, test its compatibility here. This is a quick test, and we strongly encourage you to do this before the webinar. If your browser does not pass the test, contact WebEx Technical Support at 1-877-669-1782 and tell them you will be attending an NIC webinar on NIC’s WebEx site at http://nicmeetings.webex.com . They can help you troubleshoot connectivity issues.
NIC strongly recommends consulting with your agency / local IT, as you may encounter pop-up blocking and/or firewall issues that block the NIC WebEx webinar URL and your ability to participate in the webinar series.
WebEx Suite System Requirements https://help.webex.com/en-US/article/nki3xrq/Webex-Meetings-Suite-System-Requirements
Click https://nicic.gov/webinar-vilt-readiness for further information on NIC’s live webinars, including the answers to many frequently asked questions such as “What is the cost of the webinar?” (Free!), “How do I obtain training credit from my agency?”, “Will the webinar be recorded?” (YES!!), “How do I get my computer system ready to access the webinar?”, and much more!