NIC continues to recognize the value of orientation for probation and parole executives. This 40-hour blended learning course focuses on presenting core competencies and their related skills and behaviors to assist community corrections leaders with both the immediate knowledge and the long-term skills needed in the areas of leadership, personnel, strategic planning, staff safety, collaboration, criminal justice in the 21st Century, and organizational development issues.
The blended training program consists of 3 phases:
- 1st Phase: On-line assignments completed prior to attending the classroom-based sessions
- 2nd Phase: Instructor- led classroom sessions
- 3rd Phase: Follow- up webex session after classroom sessions is complete
Executives in probation and parole agencies who have responsibility for the operational aspects of community corrections agencies that supervise offenders in the community; including chief probation officers, directors of state probation departments, directors of state probation and parole departments, directors of state parole supervision, and directors of public-sector community corrections (including state, county, or local agencies).
- This training class will be held in Aurora, CO at the National Training Academy.
- Enrollment is from:
- 12/2/2019 8:00 AM to 2/24/2020 8:00 AM
- Click this Link to Register:
- 20C4001 - Orientation for Probation and Parole Chief Executives