NIC's publication Measuring What Matters (MWM) contains metrics that every pretrial agency should be using to measure performance and outcomes. Most of the metrics seem fairly simple, yet many agencies still struggle with implementation and data gathering.
In this session you will hear from several pretrial directors who have been able to master the concept of Measuring What Matters. Learn from these directors what data you need to collect, where to find it, and how it can be used to drive policy decisions and improve practices.
*Attendees will have the first glimpse of the revisions that will included in the 2nd edition of MWM’s which NIC plans to release by the end of the year.
- Lori Eville Correctional Program Specialist, National Institute of Corrections
- Tara Blair, Executive Officer, Pretrial Services, Kentucky Administrative Office of the Courts
- Tom McCaffrey, Criminal Court Administrator 5th Judicial District of Pennsylvania
- Spurgeon Kennedy, President-Elect, NAPSA
- Wendy M. Venvertloh, Pretrial Services Administrator, Administrative Office of the Illinois Courts