The National Institute of Corrections (NIC) is seeking applications for funding under the Fiscal Year 2019. Work under this cooperative agreement involves the facilitation and management of all phases of NIC’s Correctional Leadership Development (CLD) with two agencies.
Goals, Objectives, Deliverables
The following sections outline the steps at each phase of the series, and the collaboration between NIC and the awardee.
1) Recruiting Partner Agencies for Series: NIC Correctional Program Specialist (CPS) Project Lead will recruit for interested correctional agencies for the series via NIC website, forums and other channels using established criteria.
2) Selecting Two Partner Agencies for Series: NIC will select two agencies to partner with for the CLD series that fully meet criteria and move into readiness activities phase.
3) Agency Readiness Activities: The organizational readiness protocol assesses the agency executive and senior level leader receptivity to identify, select, coach and support program participants, prior to, during, and after the program.
4) Preparation for Phase One / Phase One/ Intercession One: In preparation for Phase One on-site, the awardee will work collaboratively with NIC CPS, NIC Registrar, and agency point of contact to establish initial contact with participants, confirm technology access, and provide overview of program and pre-session assignments.
5) Preparation for Phase Two / Phase Two / Agency Sustains Organizational Changes:
In preparation for Phase Two on-site, the awardee will work collaboratively with NIC CPS, NIC Registrar, and agency point of contact to keep active lines of communication open with individual participants and action learning projects teams.
Deadline. All applications are due to be submitted and in receipt of a successful validation message in Grants.gov by 11:59 p.m. eastern time on April 15, 2019. Late applications will not be considered.
Learn more about NIC's Cooperative Agreements
Please note effective July 1, 2013 the Central Contractor Registration (CCR) was merged to the System for Award Management (SAM). The SAM registry and Frequently Asked Questions can be reached at https://www.sam.gov/SAM/. Please note that the registration process can take up to 1-3 weeks, so please plan accordingly.