The National Institute of Corrections (NIC) is seeking applications for funding under the Fiscal Year (FY) 2018 for the delivery of a gender-informed (women), research based training program to prepare correctional staff to implement practical operational strategies to improve women’s physical and sexual safety in a facility. The cooperative agreement will cover two events delivered at the National Corrections Academy in Aurora, Colorado.
- Review and become familiar with the established curriculum, lesson plans, presentation slides, participant and trainer manuals, as well as any other adjunct training materials in preparation for program delivery.
- Delivery of program will assist agencies/jurisdictions to:
- Build upon foundational training in gender-responsive practice, Motivational Interviewing skills, and examine the intent and practical implementation of PREA standards specific to promoting safety in women’s relationships while incarcerated.
- Explore key dynamics of women’s behavior and relationships while incarcerated.
- Embrace the importance of institutional culture in promoting sexual, physical and emotional safety in women’s facilities.
- Intervene effectively and mitigate inappropriate inmate sexual, physical, emotional relationships and conflicts.
DEADLINE: Applications must be received before midnight (ET) on August 20, 2018.
Please note effective July 1, 2013 the Central Contractor Registration (CCR) was merged to the System for Award Management (SAM). The SAM registry and Frequently Asked Questions can be reached at http://www.sam.gov. Please note that the registration process can take up to 1-3 weeks, so please plan accordingly.