The National Institute of Corrections (NIC) is seeking applications for funding under the Fiscal Year 2020 to complete a qualitative review of the stakeholder’s experiences participating in the Evidence Based Decision Making (EBDM) in State and Local Jurisdictions.
The goal of this project is to complete a qualitative review of EBDM stakeholders, who participated in one or all of the EBDM phases. The review will be used to identify which technical assistance activities the participants found helpful or those activities which were not helpful in meeting their criminal justice goals. The results will be used to inform NIC’s future EBDM implementation strategies.
1. The awardee will review technical assistance activities and documents from each of the phases to inform the questions that will be included in participant survey.
2. The awardee will develop and deliver the survey to a wide group of stakeholders who participated in different phases of the EBDM project.
3. The awardee will develop a system to gather and analyze participant responses to the survey.
4. The awardee will utilize data from the survey to inform an agenda for participants in a focus group.
5. The awardee will synthesize data from the survey and the focus group to develop a set of findings and recommendations for future NIC investments.
6. The awardee will virtually meet with NIC program manager to review the project timeline, objectives and deliverables routinely.
1. Develop and administer a survey of all stakeholders that participated in any or all of the EBDM Phases.
2. Analyze the survey results and submit report with findings to NIC project manager. The survey results will inform an in person focus group of stakeholders.
3. Develop agenda and facilitate an in person convening of an EBDM stakeholder focus group. NIC will fund the travel costs of 10-15 stakeholders to attend the focus group.
4. Produce and submit a final report that outlines the findings and provide recommendations that may improve the future delivery of EBDM in State and Local Jurisdictions.
Deadline. All applications are due to be submitted and in receipt of a successful validation message in Grants.gov by 11:59 p.m. eastern time on July 6, 2020. Late applications will not be considered.
Please note effective July 1, 2013 the Central Contractor Registration (CCR) was merged to the System for Award Management (SAM). The SAM registry and Frequently Asked Questions can be reached at https://www.sam.gov/SAM/. Please note that the registration process can take up to 1-3 weeks, so please plan accordingly.