Difficult inmates, such as those who have gang affiliations, chronic behavioral problems or who are mentally or socially challenged, require more complex management interventions. This program presents a menu of options for managing difficult inmates, discusses barriers, and identifies resources. Segments of this presentation include:
- Description of the "difficult" inmate
- Criteria for placement and release to special housing
- Program options that are working nationally
- Obstacles to successful program strategy, policy, and implementation
- Resources to facilitate the program
- And performance measures to evaluate and validate the program.