Please see the on-page menu below to find the role that most closely correlates to your job or area of practice.
Our goal is to provide you with the information and resources you need to excel in your role and make a positive impact on the lives of those in your care.
We understand that the corrections system is complex and that different professionals have unique needs and responsibilities. That's why we've created a variety of resources tailored to specific roles within the system:
- Case managers will find resources on risk assessment, case management strategies, and other tools to help them effectively support individuals under their supervision.
- Pretrial professionals can find resources on best practices for assessing and managing the risks associated with individuals awaiting trial.
- Probation and Parole professionals can find information on best practices for supervising and supporting individuals, as well as resources for addressing common challenges in the field.
- Mental and medical health staff will find information on best practices for treating individuals with mental health and medical conditions, as well as resources for self-care and stress management.
- Program coordinators can find resources on developing and implementing effective programs to support individuals in the corrections system.
- Training providers can find resources on developing and delivering effective training programs for professionals in the corrections system.
- And there are more resources as well. NIC resources run the gambit, so please browse our topics pages and search our library for resources that relate to the problems you are solving in your role.
We strive to keep our resources up-to-date, so please check back frequently for new information and updates. If you have any suggestions for resources that you would like to see on our website, please don't hesitate to contact us.