Services and Resources for Correctional Trainers
NIC offers a variety of resources and services for those who provide training in a correctional setting.
The Learning and Performance Initiative represents NIC’s effort to help build staff training and development capacity in corrections agencies. Below are resources for trainers and curriculum designers.
Many materials are online, but most are available through our library only. If you are a correctional trainer and would like additional information about our resources and services, please contact us through our help desk.
NIC is committed to improving correctional agencies' internal capacity to enhance workplace learning and staff performance (i.e., training assessment, design, development, implementation, and evaluation).
The resources and guides provided on this page are designed for:
- Training directors/coordinators
- Curriculum developers
- Adjunct/part-time trainers
- Field training officers
- Anyone responsible for training in a correctional agency
Located below are additional resources on these training topics:
- Training Management
- A guide to the resources available to corrections trainers.
- Instructional Design
- A guide to instructional models and resources for designing corrections-related training.
- Training Delivery
- A guide to effectively facilitating and presenting training and resources for conducting corrections-related training.
- Other NIC Resources for Trainers
- Learn about NIC's technical assistance and Web resources for correctional trainers.