The Community Services Division of NIC coordinates the efforts of federal, state, local, and nonprofit agencies to improve employment programs for offenders and ex-offenders. The division:
- Assists corrections professionals who provide direct services to offenders and ex-offenders.
- Collects and disseminates information on offender employment programs.
- Provides training for staff who provide employment services to offenders and ex-offenders.
- Provides assistance to state and local agencies for improving job training, placement, and retention services for offenders.
- Develops partnerships with federal, state, and local agencies to provide offender workforce development training in their home jurisdictions.