This 3-hour videoconference explains emergency preparedness action planning from a systemic perspective conducive to natural community partnerships. The following topics are discussed:
- The nature of corrections-related emergencies;
- Partners, resources, and mechanisms for stakeholder response to emergencies;
- Elements of a written emergency plan;
- Assessment strategies for level of alert and responses from line staff through the command level;
- Follow-up after emergency action has been taken;
- And emerging trends for future emergency analysis and preparation.
The DVD also includes a 1-hour locally facilitated planning session