This two-hour DVD training course presents techniques for interacting effectively with the public and press. Modules comprising this course are: why we are doing this; working with the media; strategies and techniques for communicating effectively; and crisis media.
This training session covers strategies and techniques for effectively interacting with the press. Participants will be able to:
- Control an interview;
- Conduct a successful news conference;
- Write a news release that gets attention;
- Present one's case to the public;
- Execute crisis communication plans during an emergency;
- Identify and use interviewing skills;
- Utilize strategies for communicating effectively;
- And identify strategies for working with current and emerging media.
- Other topics include: ambush interview; telephone interview; one-on-one interview; social media, citizen journalism and you; talk show; and town hall.