This is a three part webinar series. Each webinar builds into the next!
Are you converting your instructor led training (a.k.a. face-to-face or in-person training) to live virtual instructor led training (VILT)? Do you know where to start to convert face-to-face training and materials, such as your facilitator guides, participant guides, slide shows, and other learning experience materials?
What We Will Do in the Webinar Series?
- Explore popular virtual platforms, compare and contrast them to your unique agency needs / outcomes for virtual learning.
- Assess agency technology infrastructure as well as learner, trainer, and agency readiness for virtual learning.
- Survey best practices to determine the duration of virtual learning based upon training outcomes.
- Apply options for participant engagement, interaction, and collaboration during virtual learning.
- Share experiences from other correctional agencies with respect to in-person to virtual conversions.
If you are interested in the answers to these questions and more, then watch this webinar series!
In the second webinar of this series, participants use the ADDIE road map to guide steps needed to analyze, design, develop, implement and evaluate the instructor led training (ILT) to virtual instructor led training (VILT) conversion process. Best practices for converting from ILT to VILT are detailed including analyzing status of curriculum you are converting to virtual, is it a one to one hour ratio from in person to live virtual delivery hours, virtual digital live and off-live activities, and determining session duration and number of live virtual sessions. The webinar includes three agency conversion stories, focused on the steps to converting from in person to virtual training.
Experiences are shared from
- Ohio Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation's (ODRC) New Employee Orientation (NEO) training,
- NIC's Correctional Leadership Development (CLD) training, and
- NIC's Thinking for a Change (T4C) Facilitator training.
- Jeff Hadnot, Chief, NIC Academy Division
- Ashley Kerr, Training Officer, Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction
- Elizabeth Kreger, Assistant Director of Adult Options, Ohio Department of Education
- Leslie LeMaster, Correctional Program Specialist, NIC Academy Division
- Jim Wiseman, Director of Training (retired), Missouri Department of Corrections