This is a three part webinar series. Each webinar builds into the next!
Are you converting your instructor led training (a.k.a. face-to-face or in-person training) to live virtual instructor led training (VILT)? Do you know where to start to convert face-to-face training and materials, such as your facilitator guides, participant guides, slide shows, and other learning experience materials?
What We Will Do in the Webinar Series?
- Explore popular virtual platforms, compare and contrast them to your unique agency needs / outcomes for virtual learning.
- Assess agency technology infrastructure as well as learner, trainer, and agency readiness for virtual learning.
- Survey best practices to determine the duration of virtual learning based upon training outcomes.
- Apply options for participant engagement, interaction, and collaboration during virtual learning.
- Share experiences from other correctional agencies with respect to in-person to virtual conversions.
In this webinar, participants used the ADDIE framework (Assessment, Design, Development, Implementation and Evaluation) as a virtual roadmap to:
- Compare and contrast the characteristics of popular virtual training platforms;
- Assess agency technology infrastructure versus what is needed for effective live virtual training delivery;
- Assess learner, trainer, and agency readiness for virtual learning; and
- Determine initial steps for conversion of training from in person (instructor led training / ILT) to virtual instructor led (VILT).
- Jeff Hadnot, Chief, NIC Academy Division
- Ashley Kerr, Training Officer, Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction
- Elizabeth Kreger, Assistant Director of Adult Options, Ohio Department of Education
- Leslie LeMaster, Correctional Program Specialist, NIC Academy Division
- Jim Wiseman, Director of Training (retired), Missouri Department of Corrections