Applications must be written concisely and typed double spaced. Any application that is received in any other format may be deemed non-responsive.
A complete application package must include the following:
- OMB Standard Form 424, Application for Federal Assistance
- A cover letter that identifies the audit agency responsible for the applicant’s financial accounts as well as the audit period or fiscal year that the applicant operates under (e.g., July 1 through June 30).
- A program narrative responding to RFP requirements and detailing the project, the objectives, and a plan for implementing the program.
- A description of the qualifications of the applicant(s).
- An outline of projected costs. The projected cost of conducting the project is a critical element in the decision making process, and NIC urges applicants to keep indirect costs, in particular, to a minimum. If indirect charges are included as part of an applicant’s budget, a fully executed copy of the applicant’s approved rate by its cognizant Federal Agency must be included with the application.
- OMB Standard Form 424A, Budget Information - Non Construction Programs
- OMB Standard Form 424B, Assurances - Non Construction Programs
- DOJ/NIC form, Certifications Regarding Lobbying; Debarment, Suspension and Other Responsibility Matters; and Drug-Free Workplace Requirements
Single Point of Contact/ Intergovernmental Review
Applications may be subject to review by State Executive Order 12372 Process, "Intergovernmental Review of Federal Programs". Executive Order 12372 allows States the option of setting up a system for reviewing applications from within their States for assistance under certain Federal programs. When applicable, this is noted in the request for applications. Applicants (other than Federally-recognized Indian tribal governments) should contact their State Single Point of Contact (SPOC). (See OMB State Single Point of Contact Listing).
All applications must be submitted electronically via grants.gov (http://www.grants.gov). Hand delivered, mailed, faxed, or emailed applications will not be accepted.