Every leader must be a change agent to survive and thrive. Great leadership goes beyond transforming yourself and others; it also involves changing your organization. Driving meaningful change in your department or correctional institution does not happen overnight.
It requires a strong leader who acts as an agent of change with the desire to collaborate and the heart to identify and implement sustainable solutions for organizational improvement. In this webinar, you will explore how you push past the paradigm that says, “That’s the way we’ve always done it.” To change behavior, you must be a leader who can affect change in people’s behavior. Tools and techniques for effectively leading change will be introduced, and you will be challenged to identify one or more initiatives that you can undertake to move your organization to the next level.
- Shifting from transactional to transformational leadership is the key to taking your department, institution, or agency to the next level.
- Change agents have the ability to manage crisis and readily adapt to shifting conditions in the workplace.
- Sustainable change involves looking at the entire system and not just the individual parts.
This webinar was originally broadcast on September 14th, 2021 10am PT / 11am MT /12pm CT / 1pm ET for one hour.
- Dr. Rowlanda Cawthon, Dean and Associate Professor, Northwest University
- Dr. Janice Doucet Thompson, Founder and Managing Principal, JD Thompson & Associates, LLC, Adjunct Faculty at the University of San Diego and the University of California, Davis
- Dr. Cawthon served the Washington State Department of Corrections for over 11 years before transitioning to higher education. Her corrections experience includes serving as a classification counselor, community corrections officer, communications consultant, and correctional unit supervisor. Rowlanda is a passionate and innovative leader who capitalized on her leadership experience in corrections and doctoral education to drive change in her workplace. In her role as dean, she is leading a Ready to Work initiative that promises to unleash the leadership potential of undergraduate and graduate students in the workplace.
- Dr. Thompson has achieved results for people and organizations for more than 30 years. A highly experienced and skilled executive leadership coach, Janice leads her Sacramento-based organizational development consultancy with a focus on leadership coaching, succession planning and talent management, change management and leadership development.
- Janice is certified as a Marshall Goldsmith stakeholder-centered coach, a fellow at the Institute of Coaching, McClean (Affiliate of Harvard Medical School), and channel partner with the Ken Blanchard Companies.
- Rowlanda and Janice earned their doctoral degrees together, co-instructed an international consulting experience for MBA students in Prague, Czech Republic, and are equally committed to developing transformational leaders in all professional sectors.